Monday, August 22, 2011

Gracie's quilt - progress

The whole time I was making the baby quilt, my three year old kept asking "When are you going to make MY quilt?  Are you done with the baby quilt YET??"  Yes, I am finally done!  Gracie and went through my stash and ventured out to the fabric store to choose colors for her quilt.  We decided on pinks (of course), teals, greens, oranges and yellows (did we miss any colors?!?).  I decided to make a HUGE quilt for her double size bed so that it will hide the sides of her bed.

Well, I saw a pattern I really liked, so I figured out how to make the blocks.   Did I mention it is 143 blocks??  It took me a long time to sew and cut these blocks.  About half way through I started reading some quilting blogs, and found out the pattern I had decided on has a name - it's called the "disappearing 9 block".  And the blocks are super easy to make.  I could have been done hours and hours ago.  Sigh.  I guess it pays to do a little research first!


But, I finally finished the blocks and now they are waiting in a pretty pile, to be squared off.  I haven't started the process, because I know it is going to take a long time.  And I have 5 baby quilts to make in the next two months... so I don't know how much Gracie's quilt is going to be put on the back burner.

Oh, and did I mention I really want to machine quilt this monster?  Maybe she will see this quilt by next winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment