Monday, August 22, 2011

First project with the Bernette - McQueen dress

Gracie is obsessed with Cars (Disney/pixar).  She loves the movie, she loves the characters, she loves the toys.  And that's fine with me.  I am glad she is not into the whole princess scene.  But they really do not sell any girl clothes with the Cars characters on them!

I went to Salvation Army the other day and scored these sheets for 49 cents!  Do you know how much they charge for Disney fabrics at Joann's?  A lot more than that!  So I washed this fabric and set off to make Gracie a dress.

I just used an old tank top of Gracie's, gathered the material for a skirt, and put a wide band at the waist to hide all of the seams :)  Next time I will take pictures through the process - but I was too excited to get at my new machine!  I also kept the tank top full length under the dress so that the gather of fabric at the waist doesn't irritate her.  We are going to Disney in October, so I know she will love to wear this to the parks one day!  I also have plans to make her some kind of Winnie the Pooh outfit!



This is the Cars dress I made her last year (yes - we have had this obsession for quite some time!)



No comments:

Post a Comment