Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Quilt for Baby Nicholas

My friend Jenn just had a baby boy!  But she didn't find out the sex of the baby before the birth.  So I was fretting about what to do and then I just decided to make a boy quilt.  I thought maybe I could masquerade it as a quilt for a girl with a different binding, but then I just decided I could save it for the next baby boy if she had a girl!  I was lucky!

I just decided to do a strip quilt with scraps from my stash.  It's kind of interesting, and I think it looks a lot better in person with all of the different prints than through a picture.  I just did straight line quilting on either side of the seams.  And I used a flannel backing.

I was a little annoyed because I don't pre-wash in general - I usually just use those color catcher sheets in the wash.  But the dark blue bled into one of the yellow strips :(  I guess I should start pre-washing, but it is just such a pain in the butt!

I still have the plus quilt as a WIP.  It has been sitting for about 2 months all cut out in piles and ready to be sewn together.  I don't think there are any babies coming in the next few months so hopefully I can get it together :)

Catch up - pics of Gracie's quilt!

I know, I have been a slacker - I finally uploaded pictures from my better camera!  Here are a few pictures of Gracie's quilt. There is not one of the whole quilt because it was too muddy and it kept falling off of the clothesline because of it's size!!

Half of the front :)

Back part 1

Back Part 2!