I just decided to do a strip quilt with scraps from my stash. It's kind of interesting, and I think it looks a lot better in person with all of the different prints than through a picture. I just did straight line quilting on either side of the seams. And I used a flannel backing.
I was a little annoyed because I don't pre-wash in general - I usually just use those color catcher sheets in the wash. But the dark blue bled into one of the yellow strips :( I guess I should start pre-washing, but it is just such a pain in the butt!
I still have the plus quilt as a WIP. It has been sitting for about 2 months all cut out in piles and ready to be sewn together. I don't think there are any babies coming in the next few months so hopefully I can get it together :)