Sunday, December 4, 2011

A quilt for baby Sofia

Another good friend of mine just added to her family through the miracle of adoption!  A baby girl!  I love doing quilts for baby girls!  She told me that they were going to decorate her room in pinks, purples, bronzes and ivory.

I went to Joann Fabric on Black Friday.  I know.  It was CRAZY!  I waited in line for an hour and a half just to get my fabric cut (I was buying for 2 quilts) and another 45 minutes to check out.  But it was an extra 25% off your entire order, so I think it was worth my time :)


I used a pattern I purchased from Oh, Fransson! (I love her blog).  It is called New Wave Quilt.  I bought it when she was having a 50% off sale (because I am so frugal :p)  This was an awesome pattern - so easy to follow and this quilt came together really fast (2 days.  I was a machine.)


 I wasn't really sure how I felt about it until after I had done the final wash.  Now I really am in love with it.  And I'm happy to report Heidi and baby Sofia are in love with it too!



I already started a lap quilt for Gracie's preschool teacher for Christmas - I'm just doing a disappearing 9 block, but I am having a hard time getting myself motivated!  I am also working on some other small Christmas gifts!  Hopefully more updates to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment